Home Fraud Protection Center Security - Our Part And Your Part
Security - Our Part And Your Part
Be Safe and Secure
- We use firewall systems and intrusion detection software to prohibit unauthorized access to our systems.
- We protect the confidentiality of your data by encrypting sensitive information with 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL). This helps ensure that sensitive information can only be viewed by you and First State Bank.
- We build information security right into our systems and networks using internationally recognized security standards, regulations, and industry-based best practices.
- We employ strong authentication controls following guidance provided to us by the Federal Government's banking regulators.
- Never share your user name, password, or security questions with anyone, and beware of suspicious e-mails or unsolicited phone calls asking for this information.
- Your login credentials are the keys you use to access your account information on our system. Do not write down or share your credentials with anyone.
- Follow the password instructions that are presented when you create a new password.
- When you have been performing any transaction online, make sure that you use the Log Out button when you are finished. Then close your browser completely. This ensures that no one who uses the computer after you can see your information.
- Install and regularly update anti-virus and anti-spyware software. Perform frequent scans of your computer. Protect your computer with a firewall.
Best Practices for Online Banking Security